Don't settle for any old cheesesauce for your steak sandwich. Give this homemade recipe from This Jew Can Que a try. You'll never look back again.
1 pound thinly sliced beef- either sirloin or ribeye
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
1 yellow onion
Seasoning of your preference
2 tbsp beef broth
2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp flour
1 cup milk or cream
2 cups shredded cheese blend (something that includes mozzarella ensures melty-goodness)
½ tsp powdered mustard
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp ground black pepper
Salt to taste
Preheat grill to 400*.
Wash and slice peppers and onions into even pieces. Strips should be about ½ inch wide or less. Toss with vegetable oil and your seasoning of choice, and place in the Yukon Glory Premium BBQ Serving Tray bottom pan.
When grill is hot, place pan in grill and cook, stirring occasionally for about 20 minutes. When vegetables have softened and begin to brown, combine beef broth, Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce, and pour over vegetables in pan, stirring to combine. Return to grill to continue cooking.
Meanwhile, season thinly sliced beef with seasoning. Slice rolls lengthwise. Set aside.
Makecheese sauce by creating a roux—cook butter and flour until combined. Add milk and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened. Add cheese until melted and stir in mustard powder, garlic powder and pepper to taste. Set aside but keep warm.
Grill steak directly on the grates or in a heated cast iron pan until cooked to your preference. As beef is cooked, place pieces on the Yukon Glory Premium BBQ Serving Tray top section, allowing juices to drip into vegetables below. Heat sliced buns on the middle section.
Assemble sandwiches with toasted bun, lots of grilled steak, peppers and onions and then apply a generous layer ofcheese sauce. Enjoy!
- MULTI PURPOSE – Innovative BBQ serving tray is the perfect grilling accessory that is perfect for serving and warming with perforation for the fat to drip out for lean grilling
- PREMIUM MATERIAL – Made of durable high strength premium stainless steel will ensure easy and long-lasting use. Non-stick heat retaining material enables the excess juices to easily flow into the bottom pan
- UNIQUE DESIGN – Designed with small holes for easy draining of excess juices and even air flow for best heating results Features 4 recessed burger slots and middle for hotdogs or veggies
- ASY CARE & USE – Hand wash recommended for best cleaning results. It is recommended to use a cloth or paper towel that is soft for drying to maintain the non stick surface
- RECOMMENDED USES – Perfect for heating and serving your BBQ delights. Measure 17 inch x 11 inch x 2 inch high DO NOT USE ON OPEN FLAME!!!