Cilantro Lime TacosCourse: DinnerCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Medium
12-18 Chicken thighs
1 bundle of cilantro
3 cloves of garlic
1 cup of water
Caribeque Lemon Garlic rub
- Marinade Preperation
- Grab a large bowl to prepare the marinade in.
- In your bowl juice all 8 limes.
- Add 4-5 juiced limes (save the rest for the grill or smoker).
- Rough chop the cilantro (reserve some for garnish later if you want to be all fancy).
- Mince 2-3 cloves of garlic.
- Add a good drizzle of olive oil.
- Chop 2 shallots.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add 1 cup of water.
- Stir everything up in the bowl to make sure it is well mixed.
- If you bowl is large enough just add the chicken to the bowl if not transfer chicken and marinade to a large bowl or large ziplock backs.
- Let marinate for at least 4 hours (longer is better, I usually let it go over night).
- Smoking the Chicken
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and place on the grill grates
- OPTIONAL (but preferred): Give the chicken a good dusting of Caribeque Lemon Garlic Rub
- Smoke at 180-225 until the chicken reaches 165-170 degrees
- OPTIONAL: remove chicken from smoker when internal temp is about 150 and place on a hot grill to finish. Enjoy!