Philly Cheesesteak that is homemade for the best way possible in cook of eat this.
Homemade Philly CheesesteakCourse: Dinner, LunchCuisine: American, PhiladelphianDifficulty: Medium
Enjoy the best sandwich Philadelphia has to offer from the comfort of your own home! Learn the secret to a delicious homemade Philly Cheesesteak!
2 Hoagie Rolls Sliced
3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
1/2 Green Bell Pepper Sliced
1/2 Onion Sliced
3-4 Button Mushrooms Sliced
1 Pound Ribeye Steaks Thinly Sliced Against the Grain
Salt and Pepper to Taste
2 Teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
4 Slices White American Cheese
- Slice hoagie rolls, green bell pepper, onion, button mushrooms, ribeye steaks.
- Preheat skillet over medium heat. Butter insides of hoagie rolls with 1 tablespoon of butter. Place hoagie rolls face down (one at a time) onto skillet until lightly browned and toasty. Set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to skillet and melt. Add bell pepper, onions, and mushrooms to skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until veggies are lightly browned and onions turn translucent. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Then, add 1 tablespoon of butter to skillet and melt. While butter is melting, salt and pepper your sliced ribeye steak. Add ribeye to skillet and cook for 2-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add worcestershire sauce to skillet and stir to combine.
- You are going to want to reduce heat to low. Then return veggies to skillet and stir to combine. Split your steak mixture in half on either side of the skillet. Lay two pieces of cheese onto each half and allow to melt, about 1 minute.
- Spoon cheesesteak mixture into your hoagie rolls. Serve immediately.
Products Featured in Video: