Southern Style HamburgerCourse: DinnerCuisine: American, SouthernDifficulty: Easy
1-1/2 Lbs 80/20 Ground Beef
Kosher Salt and Ground Black Pepper
1 Tbsp Canola Oil
1-1/2 Cups Pimento Cheese Spread
4 Slices Tomatoes
1/2 Cup Prepared Tomato Jam
2 Cups Onion Rings
4 Pieces Lettuce
4 Hamburger Buns
- Prep Steps
- Divide the meat into 4 equal portions and with your hands, form each portion into a patty about 3/4 inches thick. Make a deep depression with your thumb in the middle. (This will keep the patty from puffing up when it cooks.)
- Season the patties on both sides with kosher salt and pepper.
- Grill Steps:
- Preheat your grill to high and oil the grates. Grill the burgers for about 3 minutes on the first side, flip them over and cook for an additional 4 minutes or until they are cooked throughout. Top with 1/4 cup of pimento cheese during the last minute of cooking and allow it to melt. Remove the burgers from the grill and keep warm until you are ready to assemble.
- Toast your buns on the grill.
- To assemble the burgers, spread one tablespoon tomato jam on the bottom bun. Add lettuce and top with the burger and melted pimento cheese. Add a slice of tomato, a handful of onion rings and top with another tablespoon of tomato jam. Add the top bun and serve immediately.
Products Featured in Video: